Explore Math Series
Explore Math is a standards-based curriculum for functional math concepts for secondary students with age-appropriate examples.
- Aligned to Common Core, state standards, and NCTM standards
- Lessons do not need to be completed sequentially and may be grouped based on teacher preference.
- Images incorporated in word problems provide visual prompts.
- Uses life skill themes to connect concepts to the real world, including budgeting money, telling time, keeping a calendar, following a map, reading graphs, and understanding paychecks.
- Explore Math and Explore Math 2 create this multiyear program
Explore Math has six chapters: Math Vocabulary, Using Numbers 0–12, Using Numbers 0–18, Using Numbers 0–100, Using Numbers 0–1000, and Fractions.
Explore Math 2 has four chapters: Home, Work, Community, and Leisure Math. It expands the concepts presented in book one and links them to a character's everyday life. For example, Dion works at a sports equipment company and needs to find coworkers' phone numbers, determine map distances, schedule a business trip, and calculate business expenses.
The Curriculum includes both Student Books, four consumable Student Workbooks (Book 1 and Book 2 for each title), corresponding Teacher's Manuals, and two discs with Classroom Licenses for printouts.
The Curriculum Plus includes:
- Forty consumable Student Workbooks (10 copies of Book 1 and 10 copies of Book 2 for each title)
- The entire page set of workbook pages in accessible GoWorksheets format (iPad only)
- Samples of communication overlays
The GoWorksheets can be used with the free GoWorksheet app or the full GoWorksheet Plus app available on the App Store.