A practical 78 lesson curriculum for adolescents and adults to create and follow budgets
- Lessons follow a consistent sequence with an objective, background information, and a step-by-step procedure.
- Concepts include checking personal funds, creating projections of spending, tracking expenses, and avoiding unnecessary purchases.
Learning how to budget isn't easy. First, how much money do you have available, and what is its relative value? What are projected expenses, and how do you keep track of them? And how can you avoid unnecessary purchases? Author Judi Kinney tackles all of these issues and more in this practical, easy-to-teach curriculum.
Explore Budgeting includes a Student Book and a corresponding Teacher's Manual. The Student Book has six chapters: How Much? Daily Budget, Weekly Budget, Monthly Budget, Loans and Investments, and Putting It All Together. Math exercises are linked to real-life characters' everyday experiences. Photos and clear graphics enhance student appeal and provide visual cues to the content. A sequence of 78 lessons is detailed in the Teacher's Manual. Each lesson includes an objective, background, and step-by-step teaching procedure.
The Curriculum includes a Student Book, two consumable Student Workbooks (Book 1 and Book 2), a Teacher's Manual, and a disc with a PDF of the Student Book, plus a Classroom License for printouts.
The Curriculum Plus includes:
- The Curriculum plus a total of 20 consumable Student Workbooks (10 copies of Book 1 and 10 copies of Book 2).
- The entire page set of workbook pages is accessible GoWorksheets (iPad only).
- Samples of communication overlays.