Do you have a special needs student that need additional assistance beyond what you can currently offer, but you're not sure what exactly they need?
Our team at Westminster Technologies provides both Assistive Technology (AT) Evaluations to help analyze and answer these questions for you.
AT Evaluations are offered as both a one-off and on a contract/ongoing basis, and can be done at your location or remotely via video conference.
In addition, we also offer a Train-the-Trainer Program that will educate your staff on how to conduct thorough AT Evaluations on your own.
Read more about each of these programs below, and fill in the form at the bottom of this page to get started.
About Our A.T Evaluations
Whether you prefer requesting AT Evaluations on a one-off basis or choosing a contract option, we will work with you to provide the best fit.
Here's a basic overview of how our Evaluations progress:
The evaluator will reach out to the school contact to:
- Obtain a copy of IEP if not already provided.
- Schedule a day and time for the evaluation.
- Schedule a meeting time with teachers/therapists for the day of the evaluation.
- Obtain a copy of the student’s schedule for the day of the evaluation.
- Provide additional forms for the teachers/therapists to be completed no later than the evaluation date.
- The evaluator will observe the student in his/her classroom and other appropriate settings in the school.
- Meet with teachers and therapists – this can be one meeting with the IEP team or separate meeting times that work best for team members that work directly with the student on a daily/weekly basis.
- Teachers will have any work samples they would like to share with the evaluator ready to view.
- The evaluation report will be completed and provided to your team within one week of the evaluation date. (Download a sample report here.)
- Minimum of three Skype meetings to guide the team through the technology trial/data collection steps through implementation, including:
- Free AT Implementation Guide
- Free AT Trial Guide
Once the final report has been reviewed by the IEP team, we provide monthly consultation services to make sure your team has support during the technology trials and data collection process, until the final assistive technology decision making has been completed.
Interested in learning more or starting the process? Fill out the form below or contact us.
About Our Train-the-Trainer Program
Our 3-day Train-the Trainer Program is designed to educate your team members to be able to conduct their own AT Evaluations on an ongoing basis. This is intensive, hands-on training for a maximum of five IEP team members at a time.
This course is structured to deliver instruction on the evaluation process from start to finish, including hands-on opportunities and completion of an actual AT Evaluation report.
Six months of ongoing mentoring is provided for the attendees to ensure confidence and lasting success.
Whether you're interested in an AT Evaluation or one of our Train the Trainer Programs, fill in the form below and a member of our team will get back to you ASAP.