The Applicator can be used with switch adapted apps, iOS Switch Control/Android Switch Access or simply to play music/videos or take photos. APPlicator has been the Bluetooth switch access device of choice for teachers, OTs and health professionals alike since iPad was first adopted for AT use.
If you would prefer your Bluetooth access device built into a switch, please consider iSwitch, which is very similar to APPlicator but built into a switch!
Accessing switch adapted apps could not be easier
- Pair APPlicator with your iPad by selecting it in the Bluetooth menu (no PIN entry required)
- Connect any wired switches to one or more of the four, programmable, switch inputs.
- Using the built-in display, select the function for each switch from the choice of 24 keyboard/media commands. Any combination of switch functions is possible.
Accessing Music Playlist is a fun way to teach cause and effect
- Press the Quick Media button for preconfigured access to play/pause, skip forward, skip back and Timed Play (10 seconds)
- For more audio functions, use the built-in display to select from play/pause, skip forward, skip back, volume adjustment, timed play and mute.
- Play music in timed-play mode to add interest and inspiration, or as a ‘reward’ for successfully carrying out a task.
For higher functioning users- consider iOS Switch Control
- Set one or more switches to standard keyboard functions such as space and enter.
- Program these in the Switch Control menu to be functions such as ‘Move to Next Item’ and ‘Select Item.’
- Choose between automatic or manual scanning and then turn on Switch Control.
- The world is now your oyster- every aspect and facility of iPad can be accessed with either one or two switches.