The Robots4Autism program is comprised of the following key components:
1. Powerful Curriculum built on Evidenced-Based Practices - Specifically designed to teach Social, Emotional, and Behavioral skills. The curriculum is also designed to help the learner to generalize socially appropriate behavior.
2. Milo - A humanoid robot that consistently delivers the curriculum and with whom the children connect in a way not accomplished by other humans.
40 - 60% of the students that are exposed to the Robots4Austism program will experience life-changing benefits in as little as 1 - 4 months; a few of which include:
• Rapid decreases in disruptions and meltdowns
• Increased understanding of human emotions and their meanings
• Dramatic increases in verbalization and attempts to use language and expand vocabulary
• Changes in behavior and interaction at home
The economic benefit being realized by school districts = 1/20th the cost to provide services, with greater results.
- Increase the number of hours of instruction Learners with ASD receive
- Improve the effectiveness of instruction
- Reduce the cost of high-quality 1:1 instruction
Therapists, educators, and para-professionals use Milo, Robots4Autism’s humanoid social robot, together with traditional intervention methods to help individuals with ASD reach their developmental goals. Innovative robot-generated instruction teaches social understanding and improves a learner’s ability to use social behaviors in natural contexts. The objectives of robot interventions include learning to pick up on emotions, express empathy, act more appropriately in social situations, self-motivate, and generalize in the population.