Assistive Technology (AT) Evaluations are a service Westminster Technologies offers to help assess a student’s specific needs.
AT Evaluations are offered as a one-time service or on a contractual basis, and can be done at your location or remotely via video conference.
ABOUT OUR ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY EVALUATIONS
Here's a basic overview of our evaluation process:
- The evaluator will reach out to the school contact to:
- Obtain a copy of IEP if not already provided.
- Schedule a day and time for the evaluation.
- Schedule a meeting time with teachers/therapists for the day of the evaluation.
- Obtain a copy of the student’s schedule for the day of the evaluation.
- Provide additional forms for the teachers/therapists to be completed no later than the evaluation date.
- The evaluator will observe the student in his/her classroom and other appropriate settings in the school.
- Meet with teachers and therapists – this can be one meeting with the IEP team or separate meeting times that work best for team members that work directly with the student on a daily/weekly basis.
- Teachers will have any work samples they would like to share with the evaluator ready to view.
- The evaluation report will be completed and provided to your team within one week of the evaluation date. (Download a sample report here.)
- Minimum of three Skype meetings to guide the team through the technology trial/data collection steps through implementation, including:
- Free AT Implementation Guide
- Free AT Trial Guide
Once the final report has been reviewed by the IEP team, we provide monthly consultation services to make sure your team has support throughout the decision-making process.
Take the first step in this process by filling out this form: