GlassOuse is a Bluetooth headmouse that provides effortless access to computers, tablets, and smartphones. This new lightweight, wide angle headmouse has revolutionized the way people with differing abilities access computers and other personal devices. GlassOuse can control all Android, Windows and Linux devices and Apple PCs.
How it works
GlassOuse: How it works
Simply wear the GlassOuse as you would a pair of glasses. Already wear glasses? No problem! GlassOuse fits right above your glasses. Open the Bluetooth connection settings on your computer, tablet, Smart TV, or smartphone. Turn on the GlassOuse glasses and choose the Bluetooth connection. Complete the initial calibration of the device and start using. That’s all there is to it.
Additional sensitivity settings are available to adjust the mouse speed either through GlassOuse or your computer’s mouse settings. Use small head movements to move the mouse, then use the bite click by either pressing the lips together or biting the switch to make your mouse clicks. The bite click cover is flexible, sturdy, non-toxic, and easily cleaned. GlassOuse comes with two silicone bite click covers but additional covers may be purchased.
GlassOuse is an innovative lightweight, portable, easy to use accessible mouse.
- Smart Battery functionality goes to sleep after 3 minutes of no clicking for a long battery life. Effortlessly use for 7-10 days before needing to charge.
- Sensitivity Adjustments with 3 different options for improved accuracy built-in to the glasses or use the computer’s mouse adjustments to speed up or slow down cursor movements.
- Quick Response Time for improved productivity. No waiting and no delay – move your head, move the mouse.
- Compatibility with all Bluetooth-enabled Android, Windows, Linux, and Smart TV systems.
- Wide Viewing Angle allows for use on not only standard-sized but also on larger monitors. Enjoy a viewing/use angle of 160 degrees vertical and 180 degrees horizontal.
- Ergonomic lightweight design for comfort, weighing less than 2 ounces.
GlassOuse can be used by anyone to operate a Bluetooth connected device hands-free. People with the following differing abilities may find this device particularly helpful.
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brain Tumors
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Cervical Surgical Operations
- Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Shekel Of Central Nervous System Infections
GlassOuse vs. myGaze
- No head/neck movement required
- Can use with dwell or 3rd party applications for additional click features
- Can be fatiguing for eyes
- Requires technical knowledge to support
- Can be more difficult to make isolated/precise selections
- Difficult for persons with limited eye control
- Learning curve involved
- Needs to be calibrated for each person using and needs to be calibrated if user moves
- Needs software to be installed in order to use; limited to devices with the software
- Requires appropriate positioning
- Less expensive
- Easily make isolated/precise selections
- Fast and accurate
- Can use with dwell or switch selection
- Can use with 3rd party applications for additional click features
- Can be fatiguing for head/neck
- Requires appropriate positioning
- Requires setup by another person (putting device on)
- Usable with any Bluetooth-enabled device; no software required
- Need enough neck/head control to use accurately
Caner Cem Marti was a 20-year-old man who loved sports and traveling. On July 5, 2010, he was swimming in Bartin, Turkey. He dove into the sea and unfortunately he suffered a serious spinal injury. He underwent surgery but remains paralyzed from the neck down.
This accident created many difficulties in Caner’s life. Now, he needs someone else’s help just to use a digital device. The most common things that we do everyday, like dialing, texting, emailing, or chatting online, are all big challenges for Caner.
This is when Caner’s friend, Mehmet Nemo Turker, a Turkish electronics designer decided to make a difference in his friend’s life and the lives of millions of others. Statistics show that there are 30 million people who cannot enjoy smart devices because of their differing abilities. This is what inspired Mehmet to create GlassOuse.